Some Information about Ted:
One of the candidates who presented themselves for the nomination of 58th US Presidential Elections is Ted Cruz, too. He is an American attorney and also a politician who was born on 22nd December, 1970 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. His birth name is Rafael Edward Cruz. He was born to Eleanor Elezabeth Darragh Wilson and Rafael Beinvenido Cruz. According to him, he is the son of two mathematicians and computer programmers. His parents finalized their divorce in the year 1997. Cruz had two half-sisters Miriam Ceferina Cruz and Roxana Lourdes Cruz of whom Miriam was dead in the year 2011.
Education and Academic Life:
Ted Cruz graduated with the degree of bachelor of arts in Public Policy from the Princeton University, New Jersey in the year 1992. He was regarded as an eloquent speaker and an impressive debater even then. In the year 1992, he won both US National Debating Championship and North America Debating Championship. In the same year, he was given the honorary name of being the US National Speaker of the Year. Later, the Princeton University names their debate team of annual novice championship after the name of Ted Cruz.
After Princeton, Cruz took admission in the Harvard Law School from where he graduated with the degree of Juris Doctor (J.D) in the year 1995. Currently, he is serving as the member of the Board of Advisors of the Texas Review of Law and Politics.
Ted Cruz got married in the year 2001 to Heidi Suzanne Nelson-Cruz. Heidi is native American who serves as investment manager at Goldman Sachs. She has also worked in the White House at the time of Condoleezza Rice for her. She serves as head of the Southwest Region in the Investment Management Division of Goldman, Sachs and Co. Though, she intends to take a leave from the position. Cruz and Nelson has two daughters who are named Caroline and Catherine.
- Served as the Director of the Office of Policy Planning, Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Years 1999 to 2003.
- Served as an Associate Deputy Attorney General, United States Department of Justice. Years 1999 to 2003.
- Domestic Policy Adviser to George Walker Bush, George Walker Bush Presidential Campaign, 2000. Years 1999-2003.
- Served as Solicitor General of Texas. Years 2003 to 2008.
- ·Served as Adjunct Professor, University of Texas School of Law, Texas from the year 2004 to 2009. There, he taught the subject U.S Supreme Court Litigation.
- Chairman of Senate Judiciary Subcommittee of Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Activities.
- Chairman Commerce Subcommittee of Space, Science and Competitiveness.
- Appointed as Vice-Chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.
- He was a candidate for Republican Presidential Nomineefor the 58th U.S Presidential Election to be held on November 8th, 2016. But lost in Republican Primary Elections in Indiana to another strong Republican Presidential Candidate, Mr. Donald Trump.
- He is currently serving as United States Senator from Texas being in office since January 3, 2013 along with another senator John Cornyn. He was preceded by Kay Beily Hutchinson.